No single piece of leather gear is going to get you looks like an awesome pair of leather pants.
Your first pair of leather pants should probably be what is called a jean-cut or 501 cut. These mimic the classic cut of a pair of Levi 501 jeans. A decent pair of off-the-rack leather pants will likely cost at least $350 so make this purchase wisely.
A guide to choosing the perfect pair:
- HIDE - Leather comes in many differing grains ranging from a smooth glossy feel to a matte pebbly texture. Shiny leather tends to attract more attention as it moves but the courser grains give a much more rugged look. Unless it's a leather uniform, I prefer BLACK leather - nothing is sexier. Don't be afraid to get thick leather - the thin glove leather won't wear well for what you should be doing in them!
- PANELS - A well-tailored pair of leather pants should have solid front and rear panels - meaning no seams across the knees on the front or back. Cheaper pants will have seams there as it is less costly to find hides that are long enough.
- FIT - These type of pants should fit snug but not too tight. Pants that are too tight will flatten out your ass! I like cuts with a waist that is about 1" lower than a standard cut. if you have a spare tire around your midsection then you definitely don't want a high waistline. Your thighs should also fit snug but not towards the knees or you will have difficulty bending over. Look for pants that have a slight bulge over your crotch.
- HEM - Bring your boots to the store or tailor when you hem the legs. The hem line should be about 1" - 2" from the ground over the back of your heel. You can either have a folded and glued hem or a stitched hem. Glueing will allow you to lengthen them if needed.
- LINING - No lining! Fancy dress type leather pants come with a lining. A lining makes it easier to put them on and off and keeps them from bunching on your underwear -- but you shouldn't be wearing any underwear anyway. You want to feel the leather against your skin and your cock and balls.
- FLY - It's either zipper, button or snaps. I recommend against zipper flys - ever watch "Something about Mary"? - well that could happen to you! A button fly will allow you to undo just the lower portion and pull your cock and balls out. Plus, a frisky top in a bar can get his finger in there without exposing you unduly.
- EXTRAS - All stuff to make it personal, add codpieces, stripes, side laces, etc...
A well polished and appropriate pair of boots speaks volumes. Does the sight of a boy licking his Sir's boots make you hard? Well, those boots should be deserving of service if you're a Top and should be spit-shined with pride if you're a boy. We require all of our boys to wear boots when starting a session. We wear boots and nothing can end a scene faster than a Top stepping on a bare foot with a pair of 18" Wesco Engineers! You get the picture by now...
- ENGINEER BOOTS - A very classic and rugged boot with a thick sole and a tall shank. Easy to get on and off. They often come in either a matte oil finish or a gloss finish. The oil tanned leather will never take on a mirror shine but will hide marks and scuffs better. Wesco makes the best but you might like some other cheaper brands like Chippewa. Get the highest shank height that you can without chaffing your knees - probably 16" minimum. You want these to look tough, right? Your pant legs go inside these - you can put your socks over your pant leg cuffs and they will go in easier.
- HARNESS - Either a square toe cowboy or engineer boot with a leather harness/yoek built in.
- RIDING/PATROL BOOTS - Dehner all the way. Boots are the first thing I am drawn to when I drive by a motor officer on a cycle. There are many other brands which cost less but the profile of a pair of Dehners is unmistakable. Be prepared to shell out almost $400. If you have trouble squeezing into them before they are broken in, try putting a plastic shopping bag on your foot first.
- MILITARY - The classic jungle or jump boot is a great pair of boots to start with. You can pick up a pair at a surplus store for about $50. This boot works well with your pants tucked in or over. The ones with the side zipper are very convenient.
- COWBOY - Defininitely more appropriate for more formal occasions but a hot look. I don't like them in a scene because they slip off too easily if you are doing suspension or rope bondage.
- LOGGER - Another very hot look but be prepared to spend a lot of time lacing them up and getting them off!
A very versatile and great looking piece of clothing - your cock and ass are nicely exposed. Often cheaper than leather pants and will last a lifetime. Do not go for the motorcycle style (the ones with snaps on the cuffs and a big cutout for your ass). This style does not frame your ass or provide that nice crotch definition. You want the classic leatherman style with a wide waist belt, lace adjustment in back, tapered legs and an inside zip. The ones with multiple snaps on the belt look very hot. Choose your chaps by how they fit around your thighs, not your waist - the laces in back should have a 1" - 3" gap. Chaps that fit well over jeans often look slightly puckered when worn naked.
Solely our preference, but we think the "bar" style leather vest without buttons is much more attractive than the western or cycle style vest. If the bar style vest has the same gap in front from waist to chest it is likely a good looking fit. Reject any that pucker at the shoulders. Get a vest that is leather all the way around - with no cloth in back or buckle. You can choose styles with laces, chain or rings on the sides - all very hot. Like your pants... no lining!
Three styles are suited for the well dressed leatherman - The classic style biker jacket, the CHP motor officer jacket and the racing style motorcycle jacket. The CHP style jacket is going to give you the most options. The biker jackets with the attached belts look kind of silly when unfastened. You will want a large, thick police duty belt and snap loops built-in to keep it in place.
Nothing is quite as hot as a pair of ultra-thin police search gloves covered in spit and stroking your dick. Damascus and Hatch make decent gloves. Order them tight and let them stretch and mold to your hand size -- and NEVER lend them out to someone else or they will never fit right again. There are many cool riding gloves, too but many are very thick and make working with bondage gear very difficult.
A leather jock underneath your chaps is a very accessible and hot look. many different styles. When in public, know your local bar laws regarding nudity - most states require at least 1" of floss covering your ass crack - and you will want a "T" jock to accomplish this.
if you can find a real vintage Muir leather cap, buy it! The ones on the market today are vinyl leatherette knock-offs. This is the classic leatherman's cap with the addition of chain or insignia. Wear the cap with the brim down at eye-level when looking straight forward. The backwards head tilt you need to see is sexy as hell. Leather baseball caps are a great bottom look but look for the ones with the bowl-shaped top and a short brim - and avoid the "farmer" style caps with a slightly peaked top. Rebel caps are also a great look for both top and bottom. Real leather cowboy hats are very rare - most of the ones available are Mexican caballero style and are a different cut than a western hat. The Australian outback hats are also cut different but have a unique ruggedness to them. If you have squared/angular facial features you can get away with wearing a leather beret or gendarme cap.
- HARNESS - Generally the harnesses with the strap that goes down to your cockring is for bottoms. A top harness should leave your abs exposed. Wider straps tend to look better if you have defined pecs.
- ARM BANDS - Wear these in the crease just above your biceps and below your shoulder, you don't want it to pop off if you flex. Hankie codes apply here - so don't wear a red stripe band on your right arm unless your ready for a fist!
- GAUNTLETS - If you don't have somewhat developed arms don't wear them.
- BELTS - Get the widest, thickest black belt you can fit through the loops on your pants. No fancy dress buckles. The studded belts look good but will make your waist size apparent.
- CHAIN WALLETS - a black leather wallet connected to a chain which attaches to your belt. Top - left pocket, Bottom - right pocket.