- First things first: Use a talc powder or lubricant to get into your rubber gear. Try to use a talc powder that is not perfumed, as the perfume additive may break down the latex. As for the lubricant, do not use an oil based lubricant - it will break down the latex. Use a water based one instead such as Eros, Wet Platinum, Cult or any non oil-based natural lubricant such as K.Y. Lube , NX9 or Joy Jelly. Lube up your body and slide in.
- When getting dressed, try not to grab a small part of the clothing to pull it on, as this may cause a tear, on a thinner latex.
- Do not wear jewelry while getting dressed, and be very careful if you have long nails.
Shining Latex Clothing
- If you want your latex clothing to look shiny, as it does in some latex fetish photography - use a SILICONE based spray such as Super Shiner, Eros, Rubba Glo, Cult, Wet Platinum, etc. Do not use anything oil based to shine your clothing - it will damage the latex.
Cleaning Latex Clothing
- After each time you wear your latex clothing it is important to clean it and put it away properly. Immediately after wearing your latex clothing, to remove sweat and cigarette smoke, alcohol, etc, rinse in lukewarm water with a little soap or mild liquid detergent (don't use anything meant to "cut grease" because it will cause damage). Wipe down the surfaces [do not scrub] with a soft dampened cloth being sure to wash inside & out. DO NOT USE BLEACH. Rinse the latex rubber clothes well, shake away excess water, and pat dry with a lint free towel. Allow the items to dry naturally - do not use heat. Hang them on a plastic hanger (don't use a metal hanger, or you risk staining the item).
Storing Latex Clothing
- Store your latex in a closet or drawer, inside of a plastic bag, away from heat and UV Light. UV light breaks down the latex material, so darkness is essential if you want your items to look great for a long time.
Tips That Are Still Important, But Don't Fit Into Another Category
- Keep latex away from metals at all times - many metals will stain latex.
- Please, keep yourself away from fires while wearing latex - it burns easily.
- Some items we sell are meant to be used with a partner - please use good judgment when using items which can restrict your breathing ability. If latex gets stuck on your face, you can suffocate (duh).